Today, I have both a TRICK and a TREAT for you! I have been working on this picture frame for quite a while now, and since I was close to finishing it, I thought it would be a great project to share with you. This idea was sparked after seeing one similar on Sandy Mathis's blog.
I chose my colors from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, Basic Black, More Mustard, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla.
I made twelve 2 1/4 squares, I wanted to make them all cohesive, so each square has a black background. I used a piece of basic gray textured card stock for my base. I reinforced it by cutting a matching piece of card board and spray glued my card stock to it.
I went through my stamps and pulled out Toxic Treats, Wicked Cool, Papaya Collage, Mixed Medley, and the Etruscan Elegance wheel. Most of the stamped images have been heat embossed with either black or clear embossing powders. There was a lot of sponging and spritzing to get a vintage feel. All of these supplies can be found at my ONLINE STORE 24/7. If you have any specific questions, email me!
Here are some of my favorite squares:
So I promised you a Trick and a Treat. Here is my trick:
When trying to come up with a way that my squares would be perfectly aligned, I decided to cut pieces of card stock to 1/4 inch. I then used removable tape runner and made a grid out of the card stock strips, when I was finished filling in my squares, I simply pulled the pieces off, the removable adhesive came right off. This picture frame is a standard 8x10 frame.
For my Treat:
If you'd like a chance to win this fabulous Stampin' Card Keeper and Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric, simply leave a comment below by Friday. One random winner will be announced here next Tuesday, so be sure to come back to see if you are the winner! I can only ship within the U.S. Winner has 24 hours to email me their name and mailing address so stay tuned for the announcement of the winner!
Now hop along for more tricks and treats and some spooky ideas from Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space, stop number 22 on the Pals Trick-or-Treat Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb...
- Naki Rager at ...notes from Naki
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Claire Crotteau-Hutt at Stamppaperscissors
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
- Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole
- Shannon Hokanson at My Stampin Blog
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions YOU ARE HERE
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space