You've probably hopped over from Linda Fisher at Linda's Stampin Loft, I'm stop number 28 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for paper projects showcasing Stampin' Up!'s Occasion Mini and Sale-A-Bration products from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track.
Today, I have a Happy Birthday Banner that I made for my daughter's birthday. I made one for Tate for his first birthday and thought that it would be nice to have one to put up each year for Mackie's day.
I kept with the purple and black theme here, wisteria wonder is such a pretty color and is used for all of the party supplies that I made. The brand new Paper Doily large sizzlits die was used for each letter. I had originally wanted to make each letter different, but when you are making 19 individual letters, making all of them the same seemed the best idea!
The basic black base was flag cut at the end, embossed with the vintage wallpaper EF, and topped with a wisteria wonder dotted scallop ribbon boarder punch. The paper doily was attached to the base, and a circle punch of First Edition SDSP was used as the background for the letter. The letters are cut from the serif essentials alphabet bigz dies.
A little boho blossom punch flower was anchored on each pennant.
The pennants were attached to each other with ball and chain, (that's funny) and a victoria lace bow was attached to each pennant.
I needed a spacer between each word, and I had some half circles from the petal cone die left over, so I overlayed them with the paper doily that I trimmed down. After this was done, I added a little wisteria wonder ruffled ribbon bow on each side.
This banner did end up being longer than the spot that I wanted to hang it, but we found an alternative spot, and it worked out well. This project did take me a while to complete, so plan for extra time when you make yours.
I have another occasions mini project to show you tomorrow and more party hand-crafted items, so make sure you come back for more info on this gorgeous little item! Hope you were inspired today, enjoy!
Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Nancy Gleason, stop number 1 on the Occasions Mini Sale-A-Bration Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Emily Steggell at Stamping With Emily
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Angela Richwine at Stampin' Away with Angela
- Sue Bendinsky at My Color Creations
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner
- Leah O'Brien at Leah's Stampin' Corner
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mike Funke at Stampin-Style
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin' Blog
- Maggie Mata at MaggieMadeCards
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Tricia Barber at My Stampin' Blog
- Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Kim Luithle at Kim's Stampin Stuff
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap with Susan
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Christy Q at Schnauzer Crafts Creations
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Linda Fisher at Linda's Stampin Loft
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions