Welcome to the May PALS HOP! This month, we're featuring Father's Day and Graduation projects for your inspiration! You've likely hopped over from Mary Fish, http://www.stampinpretty.com/, I'm stop number 4 on the PALS HOP and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for paper crafted creations from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the PALS HOP LINE-UP below and you'll be back on track!
Welcome to my very first Pals blog hop! I am happy to share this graduation card that was made for a friend who is graduating from UNC Charlotte. The school colors are green and white, but our friend is an engineering major, so his "color" is orange. I am glad that I found that out and was able to incorporate it into the card.
Can you guess what the top note die is cut from? It is from a Coke can! Metal cuts very easy with a Bigz die. I then stamped on the inside of the can, and it was heat embossed. The colored gems are the basic rhinestones colored with a black and green bic markers. A great tip if you want different colored gems. The direction arrow was heat embossed and paper pieced on the main sentiment.
The cap is a square punch, with a word window punch for the base, so it sticks out nicely. The tassel was made from a rectangle of Pumpkin Pie CS, cut in thin slices about 3/4 of the way up, then rolled around a piece of baker's twine. The black and pumpkin pie DSP came from the Halloween SU paper, which makes it very versatile. The black stripe paper was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder for some nice texture. The stamp set Word Play gave this great sentiment, perfect for a graduate. The whole card is spritzed and sponged for a slightly distressed look.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Nina Dee http://deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com/ stop number 5 on the May PALS HOP! Thanks for "hopping" by!
1. Joanna Munster, www.inspiredbystampin.com
2. Joan Norris, http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/clearlycreative/blog,
3. Mary Fish, http://www.stampinpretty.com/
4. Sandie Conner, you are here http://prettyprovisions.blogspot.com/
5. Nina Dee, http://deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com
6. Rae Harper, www.wildweststampin.com
7. Mike Funke, http://www.stampin-style.com/
8. Barbara Chatzkel, http://www.takeoutpaperarts.com/
9. Barbara Furlong, http://www.theloveofstamping.com
10. Carmen Sublasky, http://www.creativestamptuary.com
11. Linda Fisher, http://lindas-stampinloft.blogspot.com/